I found this tag over on Thrice Read and Maxxesbooktopia. The tag and both posts were so fun that I thought I’d give it a go. If you like this you should try the tag yourself and go check out the posts.
- Do you get sick well reading in the car? Most of the time. There have been a few wonderful occasions where I haven’t and I’ve been able to make it through a few chapters. These occasions were always longer drives with very little stop lights. I’m not sure if that makes a difference in general or if I just lucked out.
- Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why? A can’t decide! I might have to return to this question at another time.
- Harry Potter or Twilight? Give 3 points to defend your answer: Harry Potter. Always. Points: Hogwarts, World Building, Characters.
- Do you carry a book bag? If so what is in it besides books? I do not carry a book bag. If I did probably have a very buff, very non functioning arm. I do carry a book in my purse though. My purse is big enough for one book, my wallet, phone, iPod, keys and a few other odds and sods. I’ve been tempted to get a bigger bag but decided it’s probably better if I do not.
- Do you smell your books? Not on a regular basis or anything like that. But yes, occasionally I do smell my books.
- Books with or without little illustrations? Either honestly. But with them is always a nice surprise.
- What book did you love reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? I’m sure there are a few but none are coming to mind right now. maybe I’ve blocked them out. I also don’t feel like moving all the books on my bottom shelf to see which ones are behind there to choose from.
- What is the thinnest book on your shelf? T.S. Eliot’s Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats.
- What is the thickest book on your shelf? Complete Works of William Shakespeare. The Collins Classics edition. I’m sure I could seriously maim someone with this book if I ever needed to.
- When did you get into reading? I don’t remember ever not being into reading.
- What is your favourite classic book? Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. Anne Shirley has always been a kindred spirit.
- In school what was your best subject? Anything that wasn’t Math or the Sciences.
- If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hate what would you do? I would probably keep it but keep it on a bottom shelf, behind other ones.
- What is your favourite word? Euphemism.
- Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? or all of the above? A mix between a nerd and a dork. Maybe a geek.
- Vampires or Fairies? Fairies. Though I still find vampires intriguing – just maybe not the more recent iterations of them.
- Shape shifters or Angels? Shape shifters. Unless they are Fallen Angels. Those make for interesting characters.
- Full on romance books or action packed with a few love scenes thrown in? Action packed with a few love scenes thrown in. For the best blended of this see the Emperor’s Edge series by Lindsay Buroker.